posted by thaiwaadmin on Fri, 11/18/2016 - 23:39
Save the Date: Sat Dec 3, 2016: Plant for Dad (Multiple sites, 9 am) + Commemoration of King Bhumibol (UW, Kane Hall room 220, 3-5 pm)
In honor of Thailand’s King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world’s longest-reigning monarch, the people’s king who personified Thailand, The public is invited to join Washington’s Thai community in commemorating the life and work of Thailand’s late King Bhumibol Adulyadjej on Dec. 3 with 2 special events.
1. Plant for Dad: Tree plantings throughout the state, sponsored by the Royal Thai Consulate and Thai Association of Washington, along with Thai communities in Washington State.
9 a.m. Dec. 3 Tree Planting Sites
Please remember that temples are places of worship, and guests should treat the locations with respect and reverence.
- Atammayatarama Buddhist Monastery, 19301 176th Ave. NE, Woodinville
- Buddhangkura Buddhist Temple, 932 Mett St. NE, Olympia
- New Hope Church, 10808 SE 28th St., Bellevue
- Richland Buddhavanaram, 879 Bretz PR NE, Richland
- Seattle Meditation Center, 21910 44th Ave. W., Mountlake Terrace
- Washington Buddha Vanaram, 4401 S 360th St, Auburn,
- Spokane Dhammaram, 12112 S. Hatch Rd., Spokane
- University of Washington, Seattle
2. Commemoration in Honor of Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej, University of Washington, Kane Hall, Room 220, 3-5 pm
A panel discussion will be held at UW’s Kane Hall to reflect upon King Bhumibol’s many achievements and the legacy he leaves behind. The panel also will welcome guests in attendance to share thoughts, memories and insights from the life of the King. There will be a special performance of some of late King’s musical compositions.
For more information, please follow our Facebook page.